Are the flowers real roses?
Yes, they are elegant, live long stem roses from South America.
What forms of payment do you accept?
Speaking Roses of Omaha accepts all major credit cards including Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express. Please contact us for inquiries regarding corporate payment options.
Do you charge sales tax?
Sales tax is added to any order that will be shipped to an address in Nebraska.
How are my roses shipped and what is your delivery area?
Speaking Roses Omaha utilizes local delivery company in Omaha and surrounding areas. We use FedEx® for shipping to 48 contiguous states. Please review our Shipping Information page for more details.
Can I order a different color?
Yes, call us at 402-953-3096.
How can I create my own phrase or design?
Making your own phrase or design is easy and simple.
- Creating a Phrase – Please call Speaking Roses Omaha on 402-953-3096 and share your phrase with the customer service representative. Your phrase will be kept on file for future use with no additional creation cost. You can also create your own phrases on-line.
- Creating a Design or Logo – In order for Speaking Roses Omaha to emboss your company logo, photo, or any other special design, we must have a copy. Providing us with a copy is easy, merely email us a copy of your logo or special design in electronic format.
Once I create my own design do I have to pay again for the creation fee?
No, once you create a design no creation fee will be charged.
Can I order by phone?
Sure…just call 402-953-3096, from 8:00 A.M. CST to 5:00 P.M. CST, Monday through Friday.
How should I care for my roses?
- Prepare the water – Using tepid water is encouraged, because oxygen travels more easily through it and up into the stems.
- Choose the appropriate vase – An optional vase is also available. Ensure the vase you select is completely clean and then add the water. Keep containers spotless and clean. Wash them with a solution of bleach before storing.
- Add the “Flower food” – Dissolve the contents of one sachet of preservative into a half liter of water. Not only does flower food feed the flowers and encourage the buds to develop, but also alleviates the growth of bacteria in the water.
- Cut the stems – With a sharp knife or a pair of scissors, cut about 1 1/2 inch off the bottom of each stem at a sharp angle. This is essential as it removes any dead cell tissue and also removes any airlocks in the rose stem, it also enables the maximum surface area to absorb the water. As each stem is cut, place the roses in deep, tepid water.
- Display your roses – Avoid placing roses in direct sunlight, heat, humidity, or drafts. Electrical appliances will also radiate heat—causing flowers to dehydrate. Most flowers take on a special quality just before they fade. Your roses should wither and fade gently and beautifully.
- Water – Change the water every second day.
What is the best way to preserve my roses?
- Preserving an entire bouquet – Tie the roses together with a ribbon and hang them upside down for two weeks. After the two week drying period, spray the bouquet with hairspray to ensure stability.
- Drying with Silica Gel – For dried roses that have the appearance of live roses, use the Silica Gel drying method. Silica Gel is available in most Craft and Hobby stores. Follow the instructions on the package. (This is the method used by professionals to dry flowers)
My Question is not answered here. What do I do?
Call us on 402-953-3096 or email us at info @ inscribedroses.com or simply check our status on bottom right of this browser window. Chat with us.